This article is not viewable in your language. Please check back at a future date.
Fundamentals of Engineering
- Which of the following species of wood is classified as softwood?
- Civil engineers __________.
- design electrical power systems
- develop mechanical hardware
- design bridges, roadways and dams
- design systems with pulleys, gears, and torque
- The hardness of steel can be increased by all of these methods except __________.
- adding carbon
- If you received three full time job offers, one for $12 per hour, one for $1,400 per month, and one for $26,500 per year, which job should you take if salary was your only consideration?
- $1,400 per month
- $12 per hour
- $26,500 per year
- $12 per hour and $1,400 per month are the same
- Mike rode his bike 600 miles and he carried a spare tire on the trip. To provide equal wear on all 3 tires, he changed his tires while traveling. How many miles of wear did each tire accumulate?
- A temperature of 40 degrees C is equal to __________ degrees F.
- What units are used to measure electrical current?
- Robots that run by themselves without human control must utilize ________.
- optical shaft encoders
- a holonomic drive
- transmitter and micro-switches
- a microcontroller and autonomous programming
- In which of the following settings would wearing safety eye wear NOT be necessary?
- When using power tools
- When on the manufacturing floor
- When working the copy machine
- When assembling a product
- Safety ORANGE represents:
- Safety guards and pinch points
- Waste storage and cleanup areas
- Walkways, railings, trip hazards and machine clearance areas
- Danger/emergency and fire equipment
- A robotic arm for an assembly line would be created by a(n) ____________.
- Mechanical Engineer
- Computer Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Team of engineers from several engineering disciplines working together
- The following are 4 steps of the Engineering Design Cycle. If you place them in order, which of the following would be Step 2?
- Identify the problem
- If the X position is 3.5, the Z position is -0.3 and the Y position is 2, the Cartesian coordinates should be written as:
- (3.5, 2, -0.3)
- (-0.3, 2, 3.5)
- (3.5, -0.3, 2)
- (2, 3.5, -0.3)
- A 3 view or shop drawing is the same thing as __________ .
- a pictorial
- an axonometric projection
- an isometric drawing
- an orthographic projection
- The aspect ratio of a wing is useful to engineers because it helps to calculate lift and drag. What is the aspect ratio of a rectangular wing if the wingspan is 20 meters and the width of the wing, known as the chord length, is 2 meters?
- If an airplane is not accelerating and is climbing in altitude, which is true?
- Thrust is greater than Drag and Lift is less than Weight
- Drag is greater than Weight and Lift is greater than Thrust
- Lift is equal to Drag and Weight is equal to Thrust
- Lift is greater than Weight and Drag is equal to Thrust
- Use the Ideal Gas Law to determine the pressure in atmospheres of a gas, given a volume of 0.886 L, the number of molecules, n = 0.00801 mol, and temperature of 311 K. The gas constant, R, is 0.08206 L•atm/mol•K.
- 2.31 atm
- 23.1 atm
- 0.002 atm
- 0.231 atm
- Determine the percent composition by mass of a 100-gram salt solution which contains 30 grams of salt.
- Prestressed concrete is concrete that is
- cured under high-heat atmospheric conditions
- cured under high pressure atmospheric conditions
- used in areas for heavy loads to allow bending and flexing
- flexible and fluid
- Trusses work because the individual members
- are stronger than one large beam
- link and reallocate the loads of tension and compression evenly in a structure
- g. are in a particular pattern unique to trusses
- can withstand compression
- A motor on a train converts 160,000 J of electrical energy into 80,000 J of kinetic energy. How efficient is the motor?
- Which of the following is not measured by frequency?
- Line Current
- Frequency is measured in
- Which of the following is not an engineering drawing?
- Working Drawing
- Artistic Rendering
- The mechanical advantage of a machine is
- the input force divided by the output force
- the distance the input moves divided by the distance the output moves
- always greater than or equal to 1
- the distance the output moves divided by the distance the input moves
- According to the second law of thermodynamics,
- everything in the universe will eventually reach absolute zero
- entropy is always decreasing
- entropy will increase forever
- everything in the universe will eventually be the same temperature
Manufacturing Technology Pre-Eng.
- A tensile test consists of a material that is subject to
- rotational forces until deformation
- uniaxial tension until failure
- uniaxial tension until deformation
- rotational forces until failure
- Pneumatics systems require
- fluids such as oil or water to operate
- carbon Dioxide
- 3' nitric Oxide
- a compressor
- Which of these is not a common programming language?
- Which is the binary representation of 11?
Fundamentals of Engineering
Manufacturing Technology Pre-Eng