This document provides an overview of the Team Check-in volunteer role, including expectations, skills required, and recommended training. Team Check-in volunteers assist with welcoming and checking in all teams, collecting documents, and answering basic questions about the facility and event.
Experience Level: Beginner
Physical Activity: Moderate (Mix of sitting and walking)
- No experience required
- Pay attention to detail
- Communicate effectively
- Comfortable using computer
- Welcome teams as they arrive at the event.
- Verify each team’s information and adult team contact person.
- Collect Engineering notebooks, event registration fees, and/or other information or documents as identified by the Event Partner.
- It is extremely important to provide an accurate list of teams that have checked in to the Event Partner before the Match Schedule is generated.
Training & Preparation
- Read this Guide document and get familiar with how events are run. It is helpful but not required to attend a local event prior to volunteering.
- Attend on-site training if provided, or discuss the process with the Event Partner.
On Event Day
Dress Code: Wear comfortable clothes that are appropriate for a school related event, closed toe shoes, and a volunteer t-shirt (if provided).
Arrival: Sign in at Volunteer Check-in, then report to the Volunteer Coordinator or Event Partner.
Location: Teams arrive at events early in the day! Report to your assigned table near the team entrance of the event. It is important to arrive at least 30 minutes before Team Check-in begins to receive on-site training and supplies.
Supplies: Pen or pencil, highlighters, Team List (get this from the Event Partner), cash box if accepting team registration or other payments, container to collect Engineering Notebooks, and team event information (agenda, map, inspection forms, etc. may be provided in envelopes or packets).