The VEX Tournament Manager is a custom software package designed to simplify and automate many of the tasks associated with running a VEX Robotics tournament. The program is flexible and modular and designed to work for small, local tournaments as well as large, international competitions and everything in between.
Some of the main features of the Tournament Manager software are:
- Create practice and qualification match schedules based on a team list
- Run matches with automatic enabling and disabling of team robots for accurate match timing
- Enter and calculate match scores
- Automatically determine team rankings based on qualification match scores
- Conduct an alliance selection process where a selected number of top-ranked teams can choose partners to compete in an elimination tournament
- Hold an elimination tournament with up to 16 alliances made up of 1 to 3 teams each
- Bye rounds are automatically used if necessary for the highest-ranked alliances
- Alliances are automatically advanced to the next round of play after winning 2 matches
- Publish match results online
- Display information such as rankings, match time clock, schedules, and match scores to team members and spectators during the event
- Keep track of awards given to teams and display the name of the winner to spectators
It is important to note that many of the features listed are not required to run an event. Many tournament
configurations may not use all of the available features, depending on equipment availability, volunteers, and the overall event experience that is desired.
Where to Get Help
If you have questions or are having trouble with the Tournament Manager software, first please make sure you have completely read the Tournament Manager User Manual including the Frequently Asked Questions section. If you still have questions or trouble, post in the Tournament Manager section of VEXForum.com or contact your REC Foundation Regional Support Manager. Note: only Event Partners have access to the Tournament Manager forum on VEXForum.com.