If there are not enough nearby teams to host a VEX U tournament you can choose to allow the VEX U team(s) to run Robot Skills at your VRC event. The VEX U Robot Skills scores are recorded separately from the VRC event and submitted to your EEM/RSM after the event has concluded. VEX U teams often will volunteer at area VRC events as well.
If a VEX U team will be running Robot Skills matches during a VRC event, the EP needs to ensure the following steps are completed:
- Inspection Sheets: VEX U Inspection sheet(s) will need to be signed by the Inspector, and the EP will scan/photograph and email the VEX U Inspection sheet(s) to their EEM/RSM after the event.
- Robot Skills Scoresheets: Robot Skills match scores need to be recorded on a paper score sheet and signed by the Scorekeeper Referee assigned to the Robot Skills field. The Scorekeeper Referee should not be a VEX U team member for these Robot Skills matches. All the Robot Skills score sheets for the VEX U team(s) need to be scanned/photographed and emailed by the EP to their EEM/RSM after the event.
VEX U teams typically run their Robot Skills matches prior to the start of the VRC tournament so that the VEX U students will be available to volunteer during the VRC event. It is up to the EP’s discretion if they will allow additional Robot Skills matches for VEX U teams at other times during the VRC event.
- Don't forget to email the signed inspection sheet and score sheets for VEX U teams that run Robot Skills at VRC events.
- If they volunteer, feed them well.
- Send a follow-up email to their advisor in appreciation of their support of the program.