If there are not enough nearby teams to host a VEX U or VAIRC tournament you can choose to allow the VEX U and/or VAIRC team(s) to run Robot Skills at your VRC event. The VEX U and VAIRC Robot Skills scores are recorded separately from the VRC event and submitted to your EEM/RSM after the event has concluded. VEX U and VAIRC teams often will volunteer at area VRC events as well.
If a VEX U or VAIRC team will be running Robot Skills matches during a VRC event, the EP needs to ensure the following steps are completed:
- Inspection Sheets: VEX U / VAIRC Inspection sheet(s) will need to be signed by the Inspector, and the EP will scan/photograph and email the VEX U / VAIRC Inspection sheet(s) to their EEM/RSM after the event.
- Robot Skills Scoresheets: Robot Skills match scores need to be recorded on a paper score sheet and signed by the Scorekeeper Referee assigned to the Robot Skills field. The Scorekeeper Referee should not be a VEX U or VAIRC team member for these Robot Skills matches. All the Robot Skills score sheets for the VEX U or VAIRC team(s) need to be scanned/photographed and emailed by the EP to their EEM/RSM after the event.
VEX U and VAIRC teams typically run their Robot Skills matches prior to the start of the VRC tournament so that the VEX U and VAIRC students will be available to volunteer during the VRC event. It is up to the EP’s discretion if they will allow additional Robot Skills matches for VEX U or VAIRC teams at other times during the VRC event.
- Don't forget to email the signed inspection sheet and score sheets for VEX U and VAIRC teams that run Robot Skills at VRC events.
- If they volunteer, feed them well.
- Send a follow-up email to their advisor in appreciation of their support of the program.