This article is not viewable in your language. Please check back at a future date.
This document provides an overview of the Field Reset volunteer role, including expectations, skills required, and recommended training. Field Reset volunteers assist the Field Manager and Head Referee with resetting the VRC or VIQC field after each match. Note: Students with high energy and younger children do well in this role.
Experience Level: Beginner
Physical Activity: High (Constant standing or walking)
- No experience required
- Ability to review field diagrams to place game objects in correct locations on the competition field
- Move quickly around the field
- Good listening skills
Accurately reset scoring objects and game elements on the VRC or VIQC field after each match.
- Read this Role Guide document
- Study the Field Reset diagram for the correct game (VIQC or VRC) for exact object placements
On Event Day
- Dress Code: Wear comfortable clothes that are appropriate for a school related event, closed toe shoes, socks, and a volunteer t-shirt (if provided).
- Arrival: Sign in at Volunteer Check-in, then report to the Head Referee or Field Manager in the game field area.
- Location: Report to the game field area 30 minutes before the practice and qualification matches begin. Between matches, sit in assigned area for Field Reset volunteers.
- Review: If there are practice matches, you should practice resetting the fields between those matches. A short on- site review may be provided by the Field Manager or Head Referee as needed.
VIQC Field Reset
- When the “all clear” signal is given by the Referees, reset the field as shown in the VIQC Field Reset Diagram.
- Be careful not to step on the VIQC field, as breakage may occur.
VRC Field Reset
- When the “all clear” signal is given by the Referees, reset the field as shown in the VRC Field Reset Diagram.
- Be sure to remove shoes and wear socks when you step on the VRC field tiles.